28 July 2012

I'm never sure where the line is between what belongs in my journal and what belongs under the public eye and there's no point in getting cynical about it.

It's just that you're not here in person and so we can't talk about things the way we normally would.

I've never been terribly interested in the Olympics but for some reason I feel emotionally invested this time. (Not that I'll be searching for a way to watch any of the events but I want to read about them and know the results.)


I don't know why. It could be because I know so many people who currently live in or are about to move to London. Though that wouldn't explain my complete lack of enthusiasm for those Salt Lake Olympics. Maybe it's my extreme consumption of BBC television. I'd never call myself an anglophile but they do seem to have better taste sometimes.


It kind of makes me feel old. I was camping last night with some kids from my congregation, they always make me feel old. It's not as though they're that much younger than me. It's just something that happens when you're an introvert and you spend time with people who like to be loud and play organized games at one in the morning.


This morning I went shopping and the dressing rooms were filled with loud (but thankfully good) pop music. Have we ever talked about how pop music makes me feel old? Especially that song, "Toniiiiiiiiiiiiiight we are young." It makes me wish I were in a large dark room with my eyes closed as I dance around under a rain of glitter. Or wearing a fur sweater, kind of like Robyn. (Yeah, that's what I envision myself doing as an "old" person.)


Liking the Olympics is just a very old thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment