10 October 2012

well, clothing construction 101 T.A., I never did learn to sew straight lines

I did not embroider "Fraser." Maybe I'll tell you about it someday.

On one hand, with all the frayed edges I've not bothered to hem or pink and for all the different weights of fabrics I've sewed together and for the really haphazard binding and quilting job I did, this quilt is quite possibly evidence I could make a living by being paid to NOT quilt. But you know, I kind of like it. Mostly I like remembering all of the people I was spending time with while I hand pieced most of it together. My leaf, insect, and stalactite drawings are pretty great, too, but apparently I didn't take pictures of them. 

The quilt works, anyway, and quite comfortably and I feel satisfied.


I got tired of trying to quilt lines and began stitching stars instead.

It's strangely difficult to take a picture of an entire quilt. I'll work on that skill maybe.

1 comment: