13 September 2007

the boys in the band are all gone

"Well my children, I was taught young to eat my dessert first, work hard play later, always take a potty break when there was an available working toilet and paper, if it's worth doing it's worth doing well, prioritize, habitualize, compulsivize, rectify, shrink, stand tall, speak up, say it small. What terror, what joy. Wrong or right. And so I have come to the conclusion that the only answer I can see to any question is another question. And that's the way I want it. Fear neither to question nor to support."

oh world, I set for you, here, today, tumbling weeds upon this podium. please look and see what you see. Then look again and don't ever stop except to move on. Then just move on. You'll know when the time is right. Or maybe you won't but you'll do it.

My life is a grill has been the biggest love/hate chapter. I can't deny it, the only reason I can stay working there is because in some way I love it. I have never loved money enough to spend such large amounts of my time doing something I hate.
One empty Saturday morning we were working to feed a football team. That was all, no restaurant huzbuz, just a dreary indoor banquet for a team. To bring some semblance of life to our morn a girl set up her ipod and stereo. My boss merely shook his head at most of the shuffled songs. Until one gem.
Who is this?
Eric Clapton.
I like this, this is good.

He is so much a mystery and yet he couldn't be could he? A profound man, but never say it out loud.
It is 11:20 night time, but it is time for my dinner. I will watch reality TV shows as I munch. There are dangers in this, but here is why I do this--why I watch the reality TV shows, for that is all I want.
They are people, people as I would never meet and I want to love them, learn them, explore and see how they work. I find some comfort in this. I want to find things that could be worthless beautiful. And I want to honestly see this. I must have the honesty but I cannot have the obvious.

That is it. It is true. I must do documentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment