22 September 2007

pump up the jam, pump it up, pumpkin pumpkin pumpkin

Wrap me in fall, enfold me in scarves, in sweaters, in cocoa, in pumpkins.
Paint my face for halloween
set me down in dress to sit surrounded by cinder-block squares munching candy corn to play dr. mario with mes amis.
Let me drive off with mi familia into the mountains under a cold gray sky to drink a pumpkin cheesecake shake.

pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin.
Ring in the seasons.

All this, and yet it is still september. Am I breaching a patriotic code? Can it be? But July is long gone. Love the summer while you can I say, but embrace all that keeps on coming. Cuddle under that unbleached muslin, something plaid, or red, or bold.

Funny as I write this the wind is growing and I'm learning there will be a nice draft to my room. A nice strong draft.

pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin.
Ring in the seasons.

Ring in the shivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment