19 September 2007

you la la laaaaa no. I welcome autumn

I can try all I want to translate Sigur Ros's Icelandic into a title, but I'm guessing that's not what he's saying.

Ho!
Movie Recommendations (I watched them in class today thanks to THE GREAT film professor)
Charlie Chaplin's Idle Class
On Approval directed by Tom Walls. It's quite a creative little piece.


Six o'clock is a nostalgic bit of daytime. I get out of class at that time on Wednesdays and I grab a bag of groceries at the creamery near campus, then I make my way home. For some reason if my groceries look particularly heavy, people will pull over and ask if I need a ride, or boys will catch up with me on the sidewalk to offer some help. Are they so sheltered? It doesn't matter that you wear Costco polos and khaki shorts, you oh so wholesome boy. I will not take a ride from any stranger for any reason no matter how heavy my groceries are. Instead I just enjoy this quiet pilgrimage and watch the sun laid upon the grass through the draping shadows of trees. Last week the light looked summer evening-ish. Tonight the shadows added a few of their yellow leaves to the grassy painting. Can it be there is an added measure of amber in the air that is barely perceptible? The touch the feel of autumn.

I should be writing a french paper on Marie de France and her Lai du Rossingol (or du Laustic depending on which language and century you're reading it in). I want to write 'Oh dear Moyen Age (Middle Ages--funny that it's plural en anglais) you may boast your beautiful leaves of literary products but I am a soul with a wandering mind.' However, I will be this much closer to a profundity in Franchness (don't think I'm crass, that's Jenny Meyer's speak, Better off Dead) when it is all over. And I am thinking French might be my ticket out of here when I am done with uni. What do you think the chances are I will be hired for a language rather than my knowledge or the three point lighting system and directors? Whatever the case, I would so like to live internationally for a while after I graduate. It will be my motivation to graduate.

I almost bought a large poster of a Pink Floyd album celebrating the fall of the Berlin wall and bemoaning politics. I'm young it fits my age. Spending money on something I'm not dying for is not fitting my mind, though. Not that I don't have a habit of spending money like it's going out of style.

Fear not! Be sans peur! I'm not running myself dry in green backs. I am still planning my next pursuits, though. A hair cut and getting my gray jeans tailored. I have wanted a pair of soft gray cotton jeans for over nine years. Eight years I waited, searching for the perfect pair, and then I found them. I pounced. But I pounced into the wrong size. So they've been sitting there. In my closet. I need to get my dream tailored and off the ground.

After that I want:
a waffle iron
a men's white shirt tailored to me
black cigarette leg pants
black vest
SHOES

(I know right, my shopping list. how scintillating.)

I bide my time.
For I've got time.

ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment