14 October 2007

It's 12:16 am. I should be going to bed because I work at eight in the morning.
poo-pooh.

The first time I noticed October the 14th I was sitting on the edge of my bed. I had just laced my shoes, it was afternoon; I was looking out my window. I could see the front yard across the street layered with yellow leaves over old summer grasses. The little house with the old woman who was so short and had such large glasses. The kind that take over your whole face. Did she always wear blue, or did I make that up?
The house next to that was light gray with a door rojo. I think my third grade friend's mom's old boss lived there. Manicured. Formal. Did anyone really live there?
I could see lots of tops of trees and tops of houses, homes.
I was about to jog about town with a cross country team of mine.

I noticed October 14th because I realized it was the last time I would ever notice an October 14th from that vantage point. From that room, that seat, that window. That state.

One takes last in stride just as if it was first. Physically, logically, reasonably, right? C'est le même, n'est-ce pas?

I sent my resumé to the uni broadcasting company like a good child. I sent it in with my fingers crossed and a love for the grill and a squint at my principles.
Sometimes you do have to squint at principles. Just to learn what's outside them. Because maybe something has a point.
But my point is the joy of digression. I don't want editorial. No interstitials. No exploitation of emotion. Lets have no drama, no sound bites. I want me, one mic and the world.
I'm trying to bite my palm again.

How could I ever leave the movie-quoter, the ESPN songs, the football player with multiple aliases, or my boss who calls us all crazy. I could maybe leave the girl who sings The Little Mermaid at the top of her lungs and pesters baseball players every Monday night. But I figure that even just needs more time.
I will graduate from this uni with a degree in grill.
I don't want Hollywood, so what's the problem?


...a few camera skills shy of a crew, that's what.

oh, bonne nuit. C'était une belle jour. Ma vie, ça va. et encore, ça va. va. va. va. va. va.

what's last and what's first?

circular.

biting my palm.

No comments:

Post a Comment