14 January 2008

i shall listen o ye curious orange

I think I reached a new level at the grill today.
Coworker One had a Kanye West song stuck in her head, and although he's made an entire song out of it and probably a few dollars, really, there's only so many times you can go through, "Unh, Can't tell me nothin'!"
To save her, I started singing:

Ghetto superstar that is what you are
comin from afar reachin for a star
run away with me....*

Onion-cutter jumped in with his dance moves and singing "shake it baby."
I wish you knew Onion-cutter to know how glorious this was. He's about 5'3", has slurred speech, and believe it or not has worse hand-eye coordination than I do. He likes to tell me knock-knock jokes and then elbow me in my side. Or call me a chicken.


*Mya with some collaborators

5 comments:

  1. Pras is the mysterious collaborator. The other third of The Fugees.

    Just something I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that I bought both the Bulworth Soundtrack along with Busta Rhyme's "Dangerous" in junior high and my mom found them one day and was not happy with the Parental Advisory stickers. Thus I then remembering going through and editing the songs myself with the use of a tape recorder. I would quickly pause and un-pause when ever a swear word would come up as I was recording from CD to tape. Classic. Did anyone else do this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm....as far as I know Rich, you're just special like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe someday Laquina will go on a gameshow and share her winnings with us....

    ReplyDelete