12 January 2008

It's all hood...why thanks Snoop Dogg

Did anyone else realize you could grocery shop off of Amazon.com? I could make it through the rest of my life never worrying about a car, a membership to Costco or Sam's, and other such and suches. This world is amazing! Grocery shopping is pretty much one of my favorite things and knowing that I can now grocery-window-shop-online is indescribable.
I discovered this after I discovered that there are only four songs by The Smiths that you can buy off of iTunes. I wanted some more S
miths after having to listen to lame music for two and a half hours and listen to stories of half-mast concerts people had attended. Hoo-rah. The lead singer of that band that you love pays too much for his trendy tight t-shirt that I've seen five other people wear. What was funny is that one of the kids told this joke, "How many indie kids does it take to change a light bulb?" and the punch line is "you don't know?!" because no one ever knows any indie bands....l
ike the indie bands I like...
Whatever, I can't believe he didn't have appreciation for Lynyrd Skynyrd.

iTunes has limited selection which can be such a pain but even Amazon fails me. Where can I get some Oskar Schö
nning? It's not as if Swedish jazz is really that strange. His site is in Swedish so I wouldn't know what I was ordering. Yeah we're back to that light bulb joke again, I guess.

But there was a most excellent discovery tonight. We wandered through a Barnes and Noble and found a little pocket book dictionary of slang words. We stood around reading each other entries for a while, my favorite being the "monet" pronounced like the painters name. It's slang for someone who looks great...from far away.


(self portrait by Monet)

5 comments:

  1. Hmm, we bought a whole Smiths album on iTunes not that long ago. Maybe double check.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there did used to be more Smiths on iTunes, it's true, but the other night when I checked there was a serious lack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Full-on monet" Used in a sentence by Cher in the movie Clueless describing Ambular at a party.
    Ahem......"she is a full-on monet. See, from far away she looks ok, but up close she's a total mess".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since when did Lynard Skynard enter the realms of indie rock? What kind of music appreciator are you?

    ReplyDelete