27 March 2008

a moonlit catalyst for #44 in mosaic form with Richard Scary

If I draw a million astronauts
& send them out to sea
Do you think that I would realize
I was worth a breathing lexicon
Or will I send them out
& then just lie here tiredly?

But just in case,
will you keep the astronaut I send you?


Oi, so of all the old treasures, the Onion Cutter was back at work yesterday. We joyfully reunited and in one sentence he told me that his mother's mother had died and that he had been born in 1983. I at first interpreted this story to understand that his mother had died in 1983 and so I asked him if he had grown up with just his dad and he said yes. Which just goes to show that there are many ways to have fun with semantics.

Does anyone else think there is something kind of sweetly magical about those little paper cocktail umbrellas? Maybe the rest of you are smarter and don't have hearts so weak and dreamingful and maybe you have minds that are more useful. But I find I could rest my eyes on an umbrella and dream just as I do at the thought of my Aunt's designer shoe boxes and white chocolate dipped pretzels.
I seem to sometimes be an agent of frippery. The verboseness seems to roll 'round a bit but it never seems to shake from my rug. I've built so many mosaic structures, the works of clay and bristle, not gristle, and I hang them about the old door posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment