01 April 2008

collectionism-how is it that Neil Diamond knows I'll be a woman soon?

Sometimes I wish I could take Spring and Fall to lay them side by side so I could finally know if there really is something different in the air come spring.

Oh here it comes again...poem #364
a Tuesday, Thursday, and a Friday intertwined.
All intertwined and interlaced and I've been completely
completely remiss

Just to drop off as a sigh and I'll stop talking
and every day you'll set your spoon down on the little mismatched plate
that you set underneath your tea cup
and I'll hear the spoon click against the tea cup
and the tea cup rattle against the mismatched plate
and I'll think it's been a day

And I'm happy it's been a day
I would be happy it's been a day where we could be quiet
where we could be melancholy
where we could not think

and I'd be completely
completely remiss
not to feel a terrible relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment