15 April 2008

episode two: you have paint on your fingers AGAIN?

subtext: interview questions

background story: I just watched My Kid Could Paint That

Where does cynicism arise but from the pedestal?

Or maybe when the line is withdrawn between childhood and adulthood or maybe when the line is drawn.
When you said draw the curtains what was happening there?
Voyeurism, a natural part of growing up? Was it Harold and his purple crayon making a smooth transition from imagination and blissful childhood to adolescence to adulthood?

The mother in My Kid Could Paint That says, "When you measure something you change it."


Have you ever noticed there is always a song to fit whatever mood you're in? If there's a song for it, there must be other people in the same mood, eh? So then that sets me thinking, Ringo Starr wrote that song "Octopus's Garden*." That's an interesting mood to ponder. It's probably the mood I was in when I took my physical science test aujourd'hui [today]. I had to write an essay about the pro's and con's of dams. "Con: Nile river doesn't flood the valley therefore it's not depositing new sediments causing a decrease in arable land." I couldn't resist adding "I know, if only it weren't for Cairo, right?"

* wikipedia link, lyrics for Octopus's Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment