19 May 2008

a letter to you, who is illiterate

Have you ever felt like someone was being so stupid you wanted to yell at them? Have you ever seen someone intra-cating (as apposed to the preferable extricating) themselves in a mess and undervaluing themselves and feeling attached to their sinkingness?
Have you ever been so perplexed by the situations they keep letting themselves get into as if you are looking at an odd painting and you must cock your head to the side for five minutes?
I could shake you by your shoulders and ban certain people from your house and write you laws and learn you your lessons.
But I've never set much merit in giving people my own advice.
With my advice you could follow me in the circles that I lead myself through.

I am so often lost so you should probably learn your own way.
But I'll follow you parallel-ly.
Can we be satisfied with that?

2 comments:

  1. Are you kidding - I see people I want to strangle on a daily basis. You are not alone my friend. It's hard to be so competent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The worst is giving someone the simplest of advice, and they don't follow it. The cycle continues: they come to you for advice, confirm that it really is just common sense, and then they do the exact opposite... only to return to you for more advice. That certainly is stupidity.

    ReplyDelete