18 May 2008

yes Moscow and Costco are very close

To start off with, I went to a costume party last night dressed as Annie Hall. So I had bought these large clear plastic glasses to be A. Hall. And I enjoy wearing them. So as I dressed to go out on a nice evening stroll this evening as I spoke to my friend on the phone I slipped them on.
We were deep in conversation when a boy on a bike stopped me.

Where did you get your glasses? he wanted to know.
And then he asked me a few questions about myself and invited me to a cake party.
Yes! his friend said. We baked ten cakes!
Yes! said the first boy, We have gallons of ice cream!

They repeated addresses and a phone number over and over until I could recite them.

I may be kind of awkward, I may not be the life of the party, and I may watch people more than I actually speak, but I kind of like going to parties like I like facing my fear of ladders. I make friends slowly and so I meet people at parties say a few words and then when I see them somewhere else we may have something to speak about, eh? (I make this sound like a science, but sometimes for the slow ducks life is science...?)


Well I gave us ALL something to speak about tonight.

This house has...well SHOULD have a grate for a furnace just inside and to the left of their front door.
But there's no grate.
Only a big gaping hole.
That I fell in.
So I laughed loudly at myself, got up and continued on my path to talk to Bike Boy 1. And we all joked about how I knew nobody and I had just fallen in a hole.
I was a cool clumsy cucumber tonight.


1 comment:

  1. I would have loved to have seen that. People falling in holes is always funny.

    ReplyDelete