26 July 2008

At least I model my style after Nana Mouskouri and not the others

I have an awful confession. Well, some of you may know it already. I might be the last person or the first person you would expect this from. But when it came out, I bought the Ashlee Simpson Autobiography album. And I listened to it. A lot. I still own it.
And you know what, sometimes I love to listen to female pop singers on repeat. Not even the good ones like Gwen Stefani, I mean Hilary Duff or even....Avril Lavigne. Or the millions of other girls who dress trendy and sing trendy and have trendy music videos and sing about love and sunshine. I kind of love it. I eat it up. That's right, I EAT IT UP. Even though I've been taught to despise it, you take your despising and shove it. I don't care if their lyrics aren't clever, I don't care if their voice was digitally altered to actually sound good, I don't care if it seems that they shouldn't be singing about love because we can't in much honesty believe they know what the word means I'm still EATING IT UP.
I'm not sure how to tell you why I love a little cheep poppy music every once in a while.
But there you have it.

1 comment: