14 July 2008

oh ho ho ho ho loves the elderly*

I saw a potato bug on the sidewalk when I was walking home lastnight.
(after being kicked out of the editing lab at 23h00).
This week the hours from my two jobs have been warring against each other and I feel confused in crossfire. I might not be so confused if maybe my brain would work concretely. But you might've noticed it doesn't.

Sometimes I want to wrap up in my mind and room and quietude since the famous restaurant job is dipping more and more into circus dramatics (yesterday the Dreamer punched the Onion Cutter in the arm and according to the Dreamer the Onion Cutter took a whack at him with a cookie sheet but there are no witnesses to this). I did pull a fancy move today, though, when I almost dropped a large pan of macaroni and cheese but instead smoothly saved it all as I spun to my knees. They (mainly the co-worker who says I have lying eyes) told me I won the Olympics with that one.
I've loved my bicycles rides to and from, though. and I loved the potato bug and the quails I see running about everywhere and the large snail I saw tonight. I decided I needed to see some friendly faces and I went down through the secret garden to the historical apartment of a friend where people were meeting to draw cartoons and eat cake (cartoons? It was interesting). There are snails everywhere in his secret garden, you have to take care not to step on them and I took care to take a few pictures.
*excerpts from a Felice Brothers song

2 comments:

  1. I think you should start a huge food fight at work. Then blame it on your coworkers. Trust me it works.

    PS- Snails are gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would fail at the cartoon drawing party... unless I could make something interesting from drawing the few things I can draw relatively well: a sun, a tree, and clouds.

    ReplyDelete