05 September 2008

still celebrating the cheeseburger. further chronicles of one who goes by green light and ignores your voice

Today was an awe, happy family day.
Monstro Uno took us on a walk around the neighborhood. Twenty feet in front of me he waited on his bike.
"You see that I waited? I remember what you said the other day."
Monstro Dos is teething and wanted to be held all day long. I sat at the kitchen table reviewing my math for financial class when he crawled into my lap. I read my chapter of setting financial goals outloud to him while he gnawed on a jumbo strawberry. After a few minutes he tugged on my thumb and turned my hand palm face up. He needed someone to hold his slobbery strawberry while he played with my calculator. That's right, don't worry, Monstro Dos, I love holding your gummed-up food in the palm of my hand.

I've found others who concensus with me: campus is ugly and young this year. The flowers are beautiful the weather is great, but I feel like there is a marked lack of people who are creative and interested in their wearings. Sure it's marvelous that we don't all have the same priorities, but where's the art? People can make campus pretty, but people you're leaving it blah. Ima step up my game.

No comments:

Post a Comment