03 September 2008

"You met him on the streets. And he gave you his card... Snap a picture because you'll never be there again"

There's something to be said about nannying. People write books and make movies about six year olds pulling their pants down. They make some nice sum of money on their darndest moments. Maybe I should get in on this.
The children, or los monstros as I think of them, are making me remember a lot.
1 The first time I tried vanilla extract even though I knew my mother wasn't lying to me that it didn't taste good. (Last week, "Crisco doesn't taste good." "Just let me taste it." Ok. you taste that Crisco.)
2 Mom's distaste for Shoots n Ladders. "Now I get two turns." "No you have to play fair otherwise no one wants to play with you." "Then I get three turns." "Then I get three turns, too." "Ok...or no you just get one turn."
3 Richard Scary books
4 Mom's Camelot record as she explained about the weather in Camelot.

I'm still amused that the older monstro cautions me to be careful so that I won't break a nail.

I ate a cheese burger today. I haven't eaten a burger in two years.

1 comment:

  1. :) I forget you nanny. It's a lot of work. I don't know how you do it everyday.

    ReplyDelete