01 October 2008

but you do let that slide

lets expel lots of things.
I'm not in France watching citroëns drive past me.
Regrettable.
BUT I DO NOT BELIEVE IN REGRETS!!
For all the things I do not believe in or support, most of all I don't support regrets. Regrets are for all those who muddle down backwards heels over head down the muddy steep terrain. Sans regrets. Always sans regrets. Scarlett O'Hara has Tara and tomorrow. I have fuzzy brain and NOW.
I'm saying this because I sat today and saw some pictures and read some things and knew that others were enjoying the miracles I had worked for and hoped for and failed at.
But failing can be good.
Otherwise how could I have enjoyed watching my short française professora waving her arms at our class and saying "ne paniquez pas ! ne paniquez pas!" over our homework assignments?
Nor would I have taken big strides in the right direction to take my life.
I'm humbling it up in my little basement hovel and I'm thinking that since I'm here, I should climb up to the roof top in glitter dress and throw down my noblesse oblige as I yell it. I AM HERE! WHY DON'T YOU JUST TRY TO TAKE ME DOWN! I tripple dog dare ya.

2 comments:

  1. This is exactly the kind of post I would like to write. Amen Emma, you are brilliant. I'll climb on the roof with you, I don't have a sparkley dress but I'm sure I could find something acceptable to be up there with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a glitter dress?
    Oh the brilliance.

    ReplyDelete