02 October 2008

Ju ju fruits. it just happened: ju ju fruits

Soooo...the presidential debates.
I was watching them this morning and I got stuck on one thing: in all of the talk of military ramblings and different nations etc etc somehow McCain warned of the "existential threat" to Israel.
Existential threat?
I'm trying to figure that out.
Here's a definition of existential.

I'm trying to figure this one out and it's not working.
So does Israel begin to question its existence because of these threats and military-isms? Are they wondering about the afterlife?
I just want to understand, but it's not coming.

I was watching Turner Classic Movies this summer and they went through a run of old political films. At this political rally two of the characters were remarking on the audience seeming brainless and fully mob-mentalitied out, as demonstration the man stood up and yelled, "FISH FOR SALE!" and the crowd cheered.

EXISTENTIAL THREAT!

[cheer]


no disrespect is meant by the picture. I think Israel is great and I don't think McCain is an idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment