27 October 2008

the forest to protect your great great grandchildren

I quit you terribly a long time ago,
Did it because you dragged me 'round too much,
I burned and burned and burned til I felt to leave you there,
And now I feel much a bit better 'bout my levels of care.

But I've been trying and trying and trying
to plant these trees that will someday be my home,
They're wee little now
But they're starting to grow,
'Cept the one that you're sitting on,
I've asked you to move,
But you sit on that little tree,
And by proxy it feels as though you're sitting on me.

I watched today as you near bent it right o'er,
That tree is losing its spring and I worry to death
That you might be stifling out its last chloroform breath.

Stand up! I pray thee,
And get off of my tree,
For I would like to see it get older than me.

2 comments: