17 October 2008

wish you were here because there was an elephant in the room

FRUSTRATED POST FRUSTRATED POST! FRUSTRATED POST!
THOSE are my legs. Those ones, up there. I was well-dressed tonight, well well well dressed so mod-est-lee. Modesto, California that is me. Me mutha would approve. And that's not even what I care about. It's not so much that I was on some stupid group date tonight standing next to one of the girls as she said, "I hate when girls wear leggings with little butt-length things, it's sooo not appropriate."
Mainly frustrated because I either end up in mis-matched groups of people who make a special point to talk to me by opening their eyes wide, talking really slowly and opening their eyes even wider when I reply to whatever they're saying. "Good! We just made the odd girl talk!" The other part of the either are the dates with boys who graduated university in some art field ten years ago but have still made no plans for their life and don't seem to know their own age.

I know, I know, c'est la vie.

and we continue to take courage, Samuel Beckett.

Because it could have been better if I'd used my whispery voice to get to know them all instead of sitting on it.
because the elephant can be pretty charming when she gets over herself.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Emma,
    I am sorry you had such a frustrating experience. Especially, after you just threw out 2 articles of clothing in an effort to be more modest. Don't take heed to what BYU students say, I never do. If I did I'd be making "FRUSTRATED POST!" (Repeated 3 times) everyday.
    Love,
    Eliza

    ReplyDelete