04 December 2008

j'apprendre lentement le français

These are the times that I wish I were more focused, for I wish to know all about squash. Squash, squash, squash shall be on my grocery list for Saturday. I am terribly excited to be reunited with the grocery store as it feels like I haven't been there in forever. However, it's been less than a week.
Did you know that, Dear Reader? I am in love with grocery stores. I don't care that I've been shopping small town, limited stock, not the best quality grocery stores my entire life. They are my favorite type of merchant. Ohhhh wait that's hard...thrift stores have more spontaneity (say that "spon tan a it ee" with that first "t" pronounced, because that's how I wrote it today).
Donc*.
I wish I were more focused to have a more squash knowledgeable audience. Do you cook squash, comrade? What's your favorite? I want to know it all.
Because on Saturday I am going to wrap up in scarf and hat, listen to a podcast (because I'm in a podcast obsessive class and family) (the better grammar inducing kind or maybe the latest from our President-elect or relisten to Hergé's documentator's interview) (Hergé because I decided the reason I'm studying French is for Tintin) and promonade en velo to the supermarché.
Found lots of good readings for informing on squashes, however, my frontal lobe is squashed under severe head cold and glasses strain. (also discovered a place that sells herbal chai and recipes for bagels, real boiled bagels!)

Tell me all your squash secrets please. You can even whisper them in my ears as I walk around these next couple of days. Or a good poem. Need a new poem. Maybe I'll pull out my little pocket Emily Dickinson again.

Love,
Marge

*translates: therefore. You know it well, "Je pense, donc je suis." Yet another favorite of my old 101 professors: ten times a day she'd say donc or alors. 101 is full of lots of sweet madness including practicing your french hesitations. Never say umm always say eh, errr, bon.

promonade en velo=ride my bike

Eh bien, je finis.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Emma,
    I have missed so many of your wonderful postings. (Stupid school) but you are fabulous! I love squash, but sadly I do not know how to cook it. How did it turn out?

    ReplyDelete