23 February 2009

here's some from the mason jar

I can't not post today because a dearest friend tagged me as being a fantastic blog she reads. Hopefully she reads good blogs.


[me]

Thought six:
I don't know what children are about, but I think maybe it's absurdism with a dash of transcendentalism.

I wish there was more salt involved. Because my family loves salt. I'm not sure if the full weight of our love of salt can be carried across the web rays to you. For example, There are family dinners every Sunday, and every Sunday there averages one mini salt shaker for every 1.4 people. And my sister spreads her toast with butter (the salted kind) then sprinkles all with salt.

My cousin has always said she thinks her Monstruo Dos, who is dos, looks like my Dad. For those who need to know, I nanny her two little'uns. This afternoon as he was running around the parking lot with
either a broken umbrella or a mini soccer ball, I saw it. Mon père. Monstruo Dos smiled (a smile verging on all the mischeiviousness in the world) and I looked closely and critically and there was a mini fuzz-head version of mon père. Oh there he was, my dear funny Pa, dancing around with a broken umbrella just as he would dance around the house with laughter at the puns he would find.
............................

When I saw this on PostSecret on Sunday, I was wishing it would be from that person I know.

{sigh}

And now, I need to commence the writing of my compare and contrasting of Life of Pi and Catcher in the Rye. Let me tell you about that later.

Love you all,
Marge

4 comments:

  1. I haven't left a comment in a while. But I just want to let you know, cousin-in-law, that I still read your blog with every update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and I read many blogs. :) Yours is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that it looks like you are on some kind of fire hydrant, but I have a suspicion that it is actually a keg.

    ReplyDelete