24 February 2009

reign of errors

Today as I was five feet away from my nanny-ing house I saw a fire engine parked on the street. If anyone knows any little boys, you should know this is their dream come true. I ran inside the house, "Nannykins! Nannykins, hurry-up with your shoes we must hurry outside to see the fire engine!"
The dear mother, my cousin, helped one, and I helped the other with tying their shoes. Monstruo Uno said, "Maybe I can hear the sirens from here, my ears are growing louder, I can hear everything people say now. I can hear everything you're saying, I can hear what everyone is saying. I can hear you talking. I can still hear you talking."

It was one of those afternoons of greatness, the kind where I even get one of Uno's jokes which are my favorite kind of jokes. Voici:
"Knock, Knock."
"Who's there?"
"Worms."
"Worms who?"
"Aren't you glad I didn't say bird?"
"Yes."
"You're supposed to say, 'Bird who"
"Oh. Bird who?"
"Bird you glad I didn't say Bird eating worms?

And then everything went through annarcic meltdown after lunch (a toy lizard was convinced that all the other toys were murderous spiders and kept beating them all up and trapping them under the piano lid). So I still don't know what to tell you about children. Except that I would like to reference Virginia Woolf, if you have children that are yours, get a room of your own. Otherwise you'll be trying to write a letter but your letter will be bombed by a renegade christmas ornament and you will not be able to write until the imaginary fire has died down. And don't even try to put the fire out yourself with imaginary water because you will always get it wrong and will have grabbed an imaginary fire-shooter everytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment