22 March 2009

being short shrifted

Voila le printemps !

Congratulations monde [world] for making it to the Spring Equinox! It's in the air and tagging along behind is amour for you and you and you-oo. That's my mandate, comrades, we're all going to sing along with that Beatles song "All you need is love!--all together now--ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE!--hearty, boisterous chorus now-- ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE, LOVE--now Nicole Kidman don't interupt with your pessimism*"


Did you celebrate spring, Dears? Did you revel in its embrace, its porch-ness, its light and fluffy taste? I did. I sat on my porch, I've been eating grapefruit, I walked about and took a polaroid of a neighborhood tree that's had "LOVE ME" spray painted on it, I fixed my bike, aaaaaannnnddd IIIIIIIIIIIII {drum roll} CHOPPED!


Take a good look Ladies and Gents! Stare as the pithy (wait, was that a joke?) Marge Bjork does and dance and shakes her bobbed head around! There go your gorgeous locks! HA! HO!**

And I had a spotting of a 1970's muscle car with my ex-marine inside.
And I have mono.

The end.



*That admonition for Nicole Kidman is not actually in the original version of the song, believe it or not, but I added it in case Kidman was around ready to chime in with her line from the Moulin Rouge version, "Love is just a game."

**Those last few exclamations are something I might say if I were to see my real ex-novio (but in a charming I'm-celebrating-life kind of way)

2 comments:

  1. pithy was the word of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're beautiful! I love your short hair.

    And I'm glad you told Nicole Kidman to stay out of the fabulous Beatles song.

    ReplyDelete