18 March 2009

rich people will nickle and dime you to death

We've all got to admit, it would be nice if I made more sense.

One of my favorite things about being a nanny is the little scraps of secret knowledge Monstruo Uno shares with me that start building a picture of the times when I'm not around. The other day as I was putting on Uno's shoes to take him and Dos to the museum he starts whispering, "I can't go near Daddy's car because if I do I get a BIG spank! Something something something I just got a soft spank, but I can't get inside Daddy's car otherwise my bum will fall off, that's what Daddy said." All this whispered as if he was letting me in on the secret of how he and his friends had found a treasure chest.

I'm glad his Dad warned him his bum would fall off, rather his bum than other things that could happen with five year olds and cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment