31 March 2009

canteenuh

Was it oil paint or wool felt that set the trees to life tonight? They were not frescoed nor co-ed, but fully three dimensional and diverging all their plains. planes. playns.

I wish to make something beautiful. I wish to be a modern artist, I wish to be a little poet, I wish to be a happy musician, I wish to paint your clothes to appear in Super 8 [mm] formatly rich colors.


La, la, la, let's quit wishing. Let's become construction workers and drink out of thermoses. I'm not that strong now, but I imagine after a few months I could keep up a little better with all of the other construction workers. It might not be the most ideal job in some ways, I sunburn very easily, but it would be free of three to four minute French persuasive presentations. I wouldn't feel a stroke of pretention unless people kept asking me how to spell things. I kind of like manual labor. O to work all day long with a hammer at my hip then to trudge home to some tea as I fight the pleasant sensation of impending sleep long enough to brush my teeth and to read a half a page of a clever book and then surrender to heavy sleep which is not beknotted by twisted subconscious dreamings.


How perfecto that'd be.


¡viva!

5 comments:

  1. i think this post is awesome.

    also, i was curious if i sent you a letter. i think i did, but i have kind of forgotten....

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes. you did. and I was latent. actually i shall reply to you elsewhere because you probably won't read this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marge, What a hairy arm you have.

    I too thought this post was awesome but that is no surprise, it was written by a very awesome and intelligent woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please excuse my lack of comma's in the last post. It should have read,

    "I, too, thought this post was awesome..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eliza, I can hardly believe you.

    ReplyDelete