01 April 2009

met you in st. louis but had definitive feelings about not meeting you again

or a ramglings from a slightly nerdy direction


Today I learned lots of FANTASTIC THINGS and it confirmed my ever growing desire to stop stuffing my brain with cotton and instead do nothing but study my major, play with balloons with children, and do manual labor or work in a restaurant. And read poetry in periodicals and eat grapefruit.

I learned FANTASTIC THINGS from books entitled things like "Television and Child Development, third edition" and "In Front of the Children, Screen Entertainment and Young Audiences." And I might have snuck in "Dibs in Search of Self," because I love that book madly, truly, deeply. So now I have perused a lots-a-bit of what is going on in brains of children when they watch Blues Clues and Mr. Rogers.

Let's face it, Media is just about the coolest thing to hit this planet. Makes me want to don my proverbial glitter dress and dance on my roof.

ahem, to quote a great Saint (or Santi), "Another song."

1 comment:

  1. I didn't watch Blues Clues growing up but I watched Mr. Rogers. What did that do to my brain? I loved the puppets, does that mean something?

    ReplyDelete