04 June 2009

just to keep up with the times

Dear You,

I'm stealing a moment to write to you, it will be our secret moment together. I can only stand to watch so many hours of kindergarten un-interrupted and the massively large film student headphones wrestle my ears to the ground (c'est à dire*: squish my ears). My hair is so thick you didn't realize my ears poke out, did you? When I was a bit younger (14 years younger), I contemplated taping my ears back at night, hoping they would grow into the more socially acceptable flat-against-your-head-ears, but I had it from a reliable source that it didn't work (merci, mon père).

I've just had fleet flit thoughts lately.

1. The New York Times is lovely and/or/but overwhelming.

2. Still the best year ever.

3. oh...I don't know. Maybe I haven't had that many fleets of thoughts, I've been filling my days with daytime documentary making in the cave and nighttime-not-enough-sleep socializing. I go in bouts from foggy brain to clear and excited to I'm sinking in a sea of inexperienced filmmaker. I'm sure that's fascinating for you all to know.

However,

4. If I could be anyone for a day I would be Kim Jong-il. I wonder what it would be like to drive your country to starvation and defy the world with repeated nuclear tests.

5. If I could go anywhere in the world I'd try the Bermuda triangle. Or Russia. Or somewhere south of the United States. Or home.

6. Wonder, my trusty bicicleta and the only inanimate object I've named, is in the shop and I miss him madly. I've been six days without him, one more day to go.

7. I know more Armenian than my average blog reader.

8. Lists are silly.

Love,
Marge

*pronounced as if you'd just set down to some camambert on baguette and were saying, "set a dear," and means "that is to say"

No comments:

Post a Comment