01 June 2009

more morbidity

We decided how I would die today.

(it's ma camarade de chambre's question of the week)
(last week the inanimate object that I married was my bicycle, Wonder)

I imagine I would be wearing pearls and a pretty, classic dress. I'd knowingly frolic out my fate, traipsing through the forest; light through tree branches, green green leaves, the stuff of currently overly hip hand-done children's book illustration.

I'd hear music crackling off a phonograph player and meet the big brown bear in the glen deep in the heart of the forest, off the path that Little Red Riding hood is supposed to stick to. We'd waltz, the big brown bear is a very talented waltzer, like a dream. When that song ended, he'd maul and eat me to the accompaniment of some operatic aria.

Any opera suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is one way to go. At least you'll go well dressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it sounds beautiful. I thought of one more, I want to be stampeded. By mice. To death.

    ReplyDelete