07 September 2009

could I make a podcast of your coughs?

Whenever anything calls for unsalted, I don't unsalt. Maybe this means I'll be your grandmother with hardened arteries (and maybe soul and neck and ear wax too) and then the heart disease that reigns in my family will spike me for a glorious end laughing at all of my fruits and vegetables and olive oil, but dear (or che or cher. Cher?), I will have eaten salt. And that is terribly important. Although, the other day I was sitting there trying to decide if I was tasting my food or if I was tasting salt.

Hmmm....

I would like to draw your attention to the large chair in your dining room. It's an odious seat, it feathers not the cap of your eating salon and you should dispose of it. Immediately. And irrevokably.

Do you remember how I've never made sense for you? Tonight I'll take a step aside in honor of Labor Day. This blog was born on labor day two years ago. I don't remember clicking through the set up portion of events, you know selecting the layout and colors etc., but I do remember the cream colored table I sat at as I started writing. It's impressed upon my memory because my roommates of the time did not appreciate the clean lines of that table and they threatened to place fake flowers around the living room. Ghastly. Well, you need not fear, Universe, I will not put fake flowers around your living room. Anyway, what I'm saying is, thanks Blog. You've been a gem. Together we were able to decide that it was not a question of being boring or not, it was a question of being us. And we were and are and ever will be us. In other words, we are happy.

Oh gee, this wasn't much of anything, but I'm tired tonight, and I need to take advantage of that.

The Pivotal Labor Day Post

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Blog! 2 is such a great number to be (Unlike 1 which is the loneliest number).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Blog. This post was so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete