13 February 2010

bark and barometrics

Drove across the Golden Gate Bridge.
And realized a childhood dream.
I went to a forest with really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really tall trees.

Redwoods.
Palo Colorado.

THE FUTURE WILL BRING
SOME OF LES PHOTOS.
probably.


They were like the trees in my dinosaur book. But I could not find any triceratops. I pretended to be a brontosaurus, Yanka was a giraffe.
They were like the trees I read about in elementary school science books, the books that spurred excitement and wonder. It was in third grade science that I set my sights on a trip to the redwoods.

Science
is
amazing.


When I was nine my mom and I found instructions on how to make a barometer. With just the simple bits we had around the house we put together a homemade atmospheric pressure telling gadget. That was the coolest thing ever.



Drove back over the Golden Gate Bridge.

1 comment:

  1. Wish we all to join you in the experience. I visited Muir Woods in college. Is that the same thing?

    ReplyDelete