15 February 2010

an unvarnished carbon copied spill of my dream

Well, I was tired an hour ago. Wish things like that weren't so fleeting.

And oddly enough, all I want to do right now is listen to Linda Ronstadt. You know, that album my sister and I always used to interpretive dance to when we were little? Yeah.

I have yet to have whimsical Bill Peet dreams. Nope, instead they are still an amalgum of the small town I grew up in and the university town I habitate now. Odd realistic, surrealist, final cut filtered dreams. Hier soir, or slightly more phonetically, ee-air swar (last night), there was a 52 year old looking man who was in love with me. He owned a rustic restaurant full of lots of unvarnished dark wood and he didn't think I could ever love him back because of our fourteen year age difference (that's why I'm guessing he only looked 52). While I used to be drawn to older men (I mean late twenties mostly) (they were so cool because they were in bands and were so wise about the world) this attraction has waned as I've gotten older (probably because now that I am kind of in adulthood I'm less desperate to be treated like a super-mature person). But the attraction hadn't waned in this dream. We were sitting at bar stools in his daytime-empty restaurant and his wrinkled, five o'clock shadowed face hinted he loved me but had no hope of reciprocation and I said he shouldn't be too hard on his stubbled self the fourteen years weren't a problem it was that I wanted to be married in the temple. Actually, I believe I used the words, "I want someone with whom I can have a covenant marriage." So we held hands for a moment of silence at the bar stools.
But I had to go to the bathroom.
So I went to Vector Field Harris's who had a house on Central Avenue by the high school administration building and the public library were mi madre works.
VFH had bathrooms in her house but the bathrooms were like shacks
of rustic dark unvarnished wood
full of people
and bunkbeds.
Balancing on bunkbeds and porta-potty holes and ignoring the people in the room was very precarious.
Then I woke up because I had to go to the bathroom fo reelz.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I don't think you could make a children's book out of it. But, it certainly is interesting. Actually, actors playing the people in the rustic cubicles could win awards for going on with their dialogue despite what you are doing. I know it would be a real conversation stopper for me. I know I would forget what I was going to say...

    ReplyDelete