06 March 2010

across the wide and lonesome prairie*

This photo is stunning.

Led Zeppelin is playing on a pandora station. Sometimes I forget how they hit the spot.

I have a rather significant collection of "Dear America" books I amassed in elementary school. I loved reading every journal entry, even the banalities of "Monday, January 4. Today was wash day."
Journaling/documenting has been my one true love since birth. Journaling I'm not always good at but I'm certain it's one of the most amazing things to hit this planet. And it's a love that keeps growing. It's why I'm studying film, it's why I study, it's why I converse, it's why I breathe.
What an utmost expression of honor for life. For an individual life and for the world at large made up of all our lives.
When I read the pages of someone's recordings I feel woven into something deep, profound, and heart-reaching. There is sincerity, pure heart, pure ideas. Free. Freely. I feel added upon, I am lifted up, I am humbled.

Enough of my literary flowerings.

Today I shared lunch with chums M and E, enjoyed the sunshine while traveling my errands on bicycle (BICYCLE IS FIXED!!!!!), and dear-friendsy-catched-upped with roommate E. An afternoon well spent with friends and lots of sunshine streaming in through windows. What more could one ask for than:

good food
friends
sun
bicycle

I am content.


*title of a Dear America book and a line that makes me ache for home and childhood of reading in bed until 1 or 2 a.m.......

2 comments:

  1. In response to your question, "What more could one ask for than:..." i reply, "ME!"

    I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I love that you love journaling and that you love sharing your ideas with us. They feed me. Sun is here but still tooooo much snoooowwww!
    love you.

    ReplyDelete