28 March 2010

march comes in like a hermit, out like a human

These long days of March are getting wearying. I keep trying to tote about healthy food since I wake up and go and don't come home til long past time for a bedtime snack. But that's not enough. I thoroughly enjoy the mental engagement of classes, but I keep dreaming of a life where I wake up and eat breakfast sitting down at home. Eat lunch, not snacks, sitting down somewhere. And eat dinner. I've forgotten what dinner is like. Maybe in a month when I've rediscovered this third meal of the day I can have a small dinner partay. 
I've got a taste in my mouth for spring and summer evenings enjoying our back patio.

I think you should listen to this and be captured by the beautiful voice of Bonnie Beecher. She's rumored to be Bob Dylan's girl from the north country. I wouldn't doubt it, she's almost as comforting as my mom singing lullabies. I'm also going through another Vashti Bunyan phase.

This week the final Hot Chocolate Club event of the season was held. Sometimes for some reason I forget what it's like to mingle among people. Conversations that fill you up. Talk about everything from the art history of crazy quilts to Jerusalem travels to styrofoam cups. And fascinating hypothetical situations: If you were an electrical engineer and you were being tortured by terrorists, would you understand what was going on more? Like when they electrocuted you? 
That's a thought to ponder anyway.

My March freeze is thawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment