11 April 2010

freckles on my forehead

This morning.
Rode Bicycle to a meeting place, we did yoga on the lawn. Uplifting. Learned new bits of yoga. Lotsa new bits. Lavender essential oil on my forehead. I could use more lavender in my life.
I could always use more outside in my life.


mid-day perfect text from bestie-J.


BICYCLE RIDE.
Forever. Left my house at quarter to six came home at quarter past eight.
I felt my soul grow.
Here is why:
I am getting better at riding with no hands. I'm up to four seconds.
Wonderful people.
We rode through farmland.
Stopped and watched cows eat.
Out of city confines.


Maybe we should address the always desire of mine to be out of doors. What is it that drives a body so? Some of the best of childhood was spent barefoot, ignoring mother's request to wash feet and brush hair, digging through the dirt for buried treasure, feeling the gloaming air descend as we raced around playing detectives. How do you get better than earth, plants growing, fresh air, and a bit of adventure and wildness? You can go any direction once you've stepped out your front door.


(back to 8:25p.m.) Walked in my back door, grabbed a jacket and was out my front door. We rode north debating eatings/not eatings/time crunch then settled on putting off dinner. For....




Mon Oncle, the little French Jacques Tati pretty, gets better every time. I never laugh less, I only laugh more for M. Hulot is a best friend. He socked that guy right in the jaw! Then everyone is back in the cafe/tavern for an accordianed evening. What silent commedy charm.


End conclusion of grrrrrreat outdoor day: cooking rice in a microwave is tricky.

3 comments:

  1. I could use more outdoors in my life too! And a little more Es.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm, what a nice day.
    I could use a long bike ride, especially in this weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma, I still love to run around barefoot and dig through the dirt. Anything was possible when we were young and outside!

    ReplyDelete