27 May 2010

saguaro



The world has gotten taller in the last year. At least, I'm fairly certain it would be abnormal and not a real thing for me to have shrunk five inches. Everyone I live with and talk to seem to be taller than me. And every pair of pants I wear or try on need to be rolled up at least four inches. I feel like a child again. In two days I turn twenty three--a thing which I can't think too deeply about because my brain might explode--and I feel like child.

Sometimes childness might not be such a bad thing. The other morning I saw a children's book about cacti on the sofa. Of course I read it. I felt particularly smart for all the information I was able to glean in those twenty pages. Then I realized why I feel like I was smarter as a child. They have cool books like that for children. Why I can't seem to find something that fun for older kinds of people? My new favorite hangout: the children's library.

In light of embracing this young readers' sampler style of information, I continue.



This ^ is an amazing idea. Read more about it here.


That first year, I sometimes would hum a little to myself, "Obama makes me feel young and twenty one again." He's charming (a new thing I'm trying to embrace), he utilizes technology (I love technology and the media), and he promises transparent politics (wow). The White House Accountability website makes me swoon. I hesitated bringing this up because people seem to fixate on my crush on the Obamas therefore naturally adding drama to any of my thoughts on politics. But I'm going to say it. Why did this happen? I know I can't expect Dave (1993).


I found a new olive oil cake. J. Bottoms and I are bicycling to a little fancy market to buy spelt flour and such suches and to make it. For my birthday. Ooooooooeeeeee.


End of sampler.



image from: craftzine.com blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment