29 July 2010

a small note from an earth-bound heaven-looker

This is important.

When I wonder why I would ever want to go to an evening of a giggling gaggle of girls calling everything cute and putting polka-dots and bows all over magnets, or why ultimate frisbee was invented, or why I have to keep listening to uneducated and rude comments about democratic political leaders, or why someone would suggest that I should be marrying Captain Moroni (and I can see in their eyes they are actually envisioning that painting of the overly-muscled, fur-clad, no-nonsense man and that they've missed those other qualities, you know, the non-combatant ones), and the worst of all, when I have times that I wonder if maybe it's not just a difference in taste maybe I'm just wrong and I'm not being a "good Mormon"--

--when all of these things happen I go back to what I know. What I do believe in. I run all the equations and ask myself all my questions and make sure I know what I'm doing. I have to re-make sure I still belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

And then I get a little bit stronger and know I've got to do as my cousin says here and speak up.

If I don't move in the next year I may have another year of existential crisis. For all that I've gained from that year and for all that I love that girl who weathered it, I don't want to experience it all over again. Luckily, now I have all of you.

Amen. 

5 comments:

  1. don't ever move!!! EVER!!!! at least until I move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to punch that Captain Moroni comment guy. He's got a long way to go if he wants to aspire to be as good as Captain Moroni. ;)

    I love you and I think you are the bestest kind of Mormon, ever.

    Also, please move up to SLC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing you're not a mormon, you are a Latter-Day Saint and true disciple of Christ. And an awesome friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like this post. i like you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh I have this exact thought process/ crisis on a daily-if not more regular-basis.

    ReplyDelete