02 August 2010

a tissue of hellenistic anecdotes

I'm in denial that all these things are ending:
1. Relationships spreading over the globe like fiber optic lines bleeping their pulses across land and sea. I look out over all this vast kingdom and think, "Oh! Hey! Gee! What a friendship smattering!"
2. University dreamland that is only marred by the occasional general class that's shoved down my throat. I'm not actually graduating this December, am I?
3. Warm, sunny weather. Despite the fact that I don't ever seem to have a wardrobe that fits these hot days and I let my fingertips dance across my piles of sweaters everytime I languish in my closet--I will soon be dying in the cold. Emotionally. My solar panel soul will begin to choke on cool white skies soon enough.

I'm not worried about what will happen. What I want to have happen will happen. Is it strange that I am always certain of that? I think the trick is that I just dream the right dreams. (I wonder what my wake-up call will be like.) The only problem is deciding which direction to go.

Sometimes traveling seems real and staying in one spot seems like a game.

Sometimes I stick pokey, glow-in-the-dark gauges in my ears. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment