17 March 2011

blueberry rosemary waffles with balsamic syrup

Yesterday I woke up early, the house was quiet, so I made up a new waffle feast. Note that an important step in waffle making is that the waffle iron is good and hot hot hot before you start cooking the waffs up.

BLUEBERRY ROSEMARY WAFFLES
dry:
1 3/4 c flour
1 TBsp sugar
1/4 tsp (or more?) salt
1Tbsp baking powder
whatever looks like a good amount of ground up rosemary

wet:
1cup milk
1/2 c plain yogurt
3 eggs
8 Tbsp (1 stick) melted butter

last:
an indeterminate amount of blueberries (I'm not much for measuring)

mix dry ingredients, mix wet ingredients, mix them together. fold in the blueberries. pour about 1/4 cup batter for each waffle depending on waffler size.


BALSAMIC VINEGAR SYRUP
balsamic vinegar
brown sugar

boil balsamic vinegar down in sauce pan on stove. when it starts to thicken add some brown sugar. I don't know how much, how sweet do you want it to be? I might have added a quarter of a cup to a cup or so of vinegar.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! I am making these soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try these. They sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to say that I want to make these asap.
    But really what I want is for YOU to come over and make them asap for me.
    We'll be home soon.

    And I will expect you to come adore my babies and make me food.

    ReplyDelete