03 December 2013

a fall December

This week I haven't noticed as many charming people in the metro which reminds me I haven't yet finished my sketch from last week to share with you. I ended up at Cimitière Montmartre today because that sort of thing happens... I was in the area because The Honest Pint, my poetry subscription suggested that while they were specially sending my monthly poetry related mail to France I might like to take some pictures of an Honest Pint with famous French landmarks like the Moulin Rouge.



It's more difficult than you would think to take a picture of some paper with a building in the background. Next time I will require the assistance of another person. Volunteers? Quel qu'un ? Personne ?

People here are convinced it's cold and I'm certain it's still fall. Regarde the trees lining my street on Sunday morning:



Not much has changed since then. I walk to the train through a bed of leaves every day, which is part charming, part dangerous as everybody has a dog and hardly anybody cleans up their dog's poop.

The Marché du Noël is up on the Champs-Elysée, though, and lights abound. I spent the afternoon at the Louvre on Sunday and then walked through the market in the evening on my way to a train stop. Here are more pictures as promised:






Then I got tired of taking pictures, the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment