25 February 2008

I wanna walk all over you*

When I was three and a half years old I tried to convince my parents we should paint the house black.

My mom would take me along with her to our little local hardware store where she would thumb through catalogs and paint samples and I'd point to the black paint square.

We painted the house light blue.

But for me, I will always dream of black. Matte black, glossy black, any kind of black. I dream of someday living in a black house.

A few years ago Better Homes and Gardens focused on a home that was beautiful and black. This isn't just one of my own personal, weird quirks.

I would even like to have a room painted black.
I just painted my toenails black.
The only piece of jewelry I really ever wear is a large black ring.
I have started by default buying everything in black.

Black, black, black, black.

*AC/DC

2 comments:

  1. I beg to differ. I don't think you are a true lover of black. You haven't embraced it as fully as someone like...well, like me.

    ReplyDelete