15 May 2008

J'AI VERTIGE!!

I'm a bit afraid of heights.
The Dreamer helped me face this fear a bit Tuesday and Wednesday as he's not allowed to climb ladders and I am.
Thank goodness he loves to patiently sit there day dreaming.
I've been climbing up a ladder to shift around 25 pound, greasy ceiling tiles until they would dislodge into my hands so that I could hand them down to The Dreamer to clean. I made him promise to catch me if I started to fall because I could feel the panic rising the first few times I climbed up. It was a little dramatic of me but Tuesday I woke up feeling like my soul was being ripped in two by the morning air.
Uhhh...I like facing my fears, though.
It's just rare to find people who will be patient with me.
I told the French girl I work with "J'ai peur des hauts endroits" Which I could maybe translate into saying "I have fear of high locations."
It didn't come off so well.
Thursday I completely had the whole heights thing mastered. In fact, I frequently found myself up to my waist in ceiling (down to my waist?).

I feel like my dishwashers make my days worthwhile. This morning I was so tired I thought I was getting as bad as the Dreamer, frequently standing around doing nothing, thinking nothing for minutes. Until I walked around the corner and found him sitting on a step ladder sleeping.
I had found my cure, I stayed awake all morning by teasing him about staying awake...and about cutting off his leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment