09 December 2009

just to let you know I'm alive and awake

I've been tempting fate by spending the last week staying up until two in the morning editing and doing homework and I will be doing the same ce soir. Mais après ce soir je peux me dormir*.

The results of this fate tempting are as follows (because I know you care):

The other day (I think it might have been yesterday) I said, "I'm tired of complaining" and then realized what I'd just said and mumbled about meta-ideas and self-reflexivity knowing that neither of which actually applied but nothing seems to apply lately.

Last night while making graham cracker houses with my roommates I frosted a graham cracker mustache to my face. I thought it was a good idea. Then I tried to blow my nose on JG. I thought that was a good idea, too.

Last night, again, I met a boy who started polling me about how much I might believe in a revivalist club he was starting about thinking. I mean thinking about starting. Oh dear. It wasn't a religious revival. Anyway, I think (none of us can be positive) I think I understood his club, but I could not process words. There were lots of words going on and I'm not sure I heard them all and I think I just stared.

And lastly of last night, I, of course, would be the one who was awake at 2am to go to the bathroom and find the largest blackest spider I have ever seen and I made the weirdest sound I have ever made. That sound could only be a product of lack of sleep. I tried to imitate it for my sister this morning when she called to laugh at me.

Anyway, here's to another good long night of not sleeping. It will all be over in a matter of twenty hours.

*That's my poor french way of saying I'm going to go to sleep early tomorrow night.

2 comments:

  1. I think that you should sleep and then work. Spiders are known to sing karaoke late at night in bathrooms because they have good acoustics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe one day you'll live in a house with no spiders. Wouldn't that be nice? But then again, if there were no spiders who else would you talk to at 2 in the morning?

    ReplyDelete