24 June 2010

is there anything you keep using with affection?

I learned something yesterday: I can very effectively threaten people when I'm holding a raw egg in my hand. I might take advantage of this. Watch out.


I've been in this morass of cameras, microphones, XLR cables and strange poetic documentaries lately. Where I'm going with all of this I'm not quite sure. I only know one of us is crazy and I've lost my book, At the tomb of the inflatable pig: Travels through Paraguay, and now I'm reading some heavy book about U.S. foreign policy with Israel. That might suggest something about who's the crazy one. And my mom is concerned that I shouldn't travel internationally with this book and if the book is in anyway correct in what it says about the Israeli lobby that's probably more of a valid concern than one might realize.

The answer, to the question asked above that wasn't originally asked of me but I found on the website of Naomi Kawase, one of these poetic filmadoras I've been morassed with, the answer is that there are a lot of things. A lot of things I continue to use with affection. Most obviously there is Bicycle (again, that is Bicycle not Lester, sheesh) but then there are cameras. I hope to install you with a piece of morass filmmaking later on. In the near future. Poetically speaking.


 

2 comments:

  1. You will never know how threatening that raw egg was. I think its a weapon you should use sparingly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try the raw egg threat! Thanks for the idea. :)

    ReplyDelete